Friday, September 5, 2008

Happy Birthday To Me!

Today (it's still Sept 5 here on the west coast) was my birthday. First off, I won't reveal my age. Just let's say it's in the 30s and I'm not looking forward to the big 40 in a few short years. Second, if you really want to know ask Katelyn. The other day she asked me how old I was going to be and I told her "29" which she didn't buy at first. "But that's not right! Daddy says you are the same age as him and he's 36." So with a smile on my face I told her that daddy only wishes we were the same age so he didn't suffer alone and that I was always going to 29. She said "So daddy lies?" with all seriousness of a 6 1/2 year old. And I said, "Only about mommy's real age." So now she won't let anyone tell her otherwise about how old I am. Yeah!

So here was my day:
*walked Katelyn to school along with Clark and Laura
* stayed home and did light cleaning while Clark took Laura to Walmart
* went to the post office to mail a package to a friend, took Laura with me, she made a point of telling everyone (and it was crowded by the way) that she was Laura, I was mommy and that "it mommy birfday!" So when we left I got a rousing chorus of Happy Birthday Mommy from a bunch of strangers. I love having a social butterfly. LOL!
* went to Ralphs to pick up my cake...couldn't pick it up....area around store had a power outage, nobody could use their cash registers....I thought I wouldn't end up with a cake
* went home, Clark took Laura on a walk to pick Katelyn up from school
* we all drove to the Lakewood Mall to pick up portraits I just done of the girls (I'll do a separate post on that)
* came home and got things set up to feed both sets of missionaries.....yes I planned it that way, our missionaries rock and since I wanted Clark to grill steak for me, I signed up to feed the missionaries too...they loved it (I'll do a separate post on that one too, 3 posts in one night, how cool is that?!)
* took Katelyn to surgical urgent care to get her stitches out....they did have to strap her down on a board but this one had velcro and the two female nurses had me leave the room so she wouldn't fight it as much and within a minute the stitches were out. yeah!
* and in between all this I managed to read and finish my latest book.....Persuasion by Jane Austen, the only one I hadn't read

Let's see.....gifts.....Clark and the girls got me cards and books. The last three books in the Zion Covenant series by Bodie Thoene. I had the first 6 but it's been years since I've had them and since then there are 3 more. Now I have the whole set. I also got some stuff from the missionaries but you can read about that in my next blog post. I got lots of online greetings from some awesome online friends. A shout out of thanks to all of them since I know many of them read my blog even if they never comment. :)

All in all, a good birthday for someone who will 29 forever.

2 comments:

The Crazy Coxes said...

Happy Birthday Kathryn! I like the card the missionaries made!

The Crazy Coxes said...

oh - this is Gina by the way! ;)